Thursday, April 2, 2009

Relationship

I was listening to the Word FM yesterday on my way in to work (the only station I listen to!). The woman was talking about our relationship with God, telling others about special times we've had together. She compared it to the relationship with a husband or boyfriend and said that when you talk to others about your special love, you often have no trouble talking about special times, moments, trips, things you experience together. Our relationship with God should be the same way. I can think of many times of "special" moments I've had with Him, some were intimate, others I could share. He's always been there for me. I don't think I've ever felt the same sense of peace and His purpose as I did when I held my son Michael in my arms until his heart stopped. I think of the words to the hymn.... " Oh what peace we often forfeit, Oh what needless pain we bear, All because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer". If you think about it, we get closer to our loved ones by spending time with them and talking with them. We get closer to Him by spending time with Him and talking with Him. The longer our relationship and the more we go through together, the more times we see Him come through, the more experiences we have to be able to share with others.
Boy, I hope this makes sense to you. I don't have a way with words, but while listening to that yesterday, it was something I felt I should share.

No comments:

Post a Comment