Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Snow and other things

The awesome people of our church raised over 41,000$ at the One Day To Feed The World offering. Considering there are approximately 750 people that attend every Sunday, and it was an offering over and above the tithes, it was totally awesome!
We had snow again yesterday. Not enough to make too much trouble but enough to cover the grass. It's beautiful!
This is the first Christmas that I haven't done ANY shopping. I can't, I don't have it. It is totally depressing but I'm trying to do some homemade things. It just doesn't feel right. I really need to apply the principle of being content in all circumstances and I am trying.
Our small group is over until after Christmas. I'll miss it! It was nice to get to know a new group of people. We had a light meal this past Sunday as a group and some of the families came. I knew Josh had to work but was hoping Kristen could come. She had to work as an elf and it was later than she thought so Greg and I went. Yes, Kristen was an elf. She worked at Corey's mom's Christmas party as an elf, handing out gifts and assisting Santa. Complete with pointy ears!
Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment