Saturday, October 20, 2012

Autumn and other things

Fall is here, time for pumpkins, falling leaves and apple cider! Love this time of year! Still recuping from the shoulder surgery. I don't know why I thought that once I had the surgery it would be "fixed" and I would be fine. My Physical Therapists said that yes it's fixed but it was 6 months of not using my shoulder prior to the surgery and 4-6 weeks of swelling and healing after the surgery, so it is going to take time. It's funny, but I want everything instantly. I guess some of that is due to the "Instant" society we live in. Dinner? Put it in the microwave for 4 min. Cake? No more cooking from scratch, whip up a cake mix in 5 min and bake. Fast food, get rich quick, we live in a society that doesn't teach us to wait. Patience is a virtue, but not one that many have and I believe our culture perpetuates the "I deserve it now" mentality. What happened to working for what you want? Now people think the government "owes" them. Sorry to get off on a tangent! They that wait upon the Lord, will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings as eagles. They will walk and not be weary, they will run and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment