Wednesday, October 16, 2013

#Perfectlove

In reading Chapter 2 of Renee Swope's book "A Confident Heart", she says,'if we only live on the surface with God, we'll never experience the intimacy we long for or the acceptance and security He offers." She goes on to say, "A personal relationship with God sets us free to be all we were created to be". These two ideas really made me think. I want to go deeper. I believe there is a hole in each human that longs for Him. We try to fill that hole with love from another, alcohol, parties, whatever. We search to "find ourselves" thinking that something is going to give us that moment when we say, "Yes! I've reached my self-fulfillment". But, only through a deeper, more intimate relationship with Him, will I finally find satisfaction and fulfillment. I was created to love Him, to serve Him, to be in a relationship with Him. And not just an acquaintance but in a meaningful relationship. When self-doubt tells me that I will never be good enough, that there is something that I'm missing and am too dumb to figure it out, that He wouldn't care to spend time with me or to watch over me and be intimate with me, I will remember Philippians 1:6 "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ".

No comments:

Post a Comment