Friday, November 22, 2013

His Ways

I am so thankful for Isaiah 55:8&9! Isaiah 55:8&9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." God most certainly has the best plan for us. If you had told me in January of this year, that I would be where I am today, I wouldn't have believed it. When I lost my job in July, it felt like chaos and uncertainty and downright fear. Greg and I were intentional in trusting Him with providing for us, to meet our financial and basic daily needs, as well as my mental need to feel like there was hope. Did I think that what I was going through was best for me? For us? No way! Even though this situation is not yet closed, I am far better off than I was in July! God has provided me with a new job that pays more, better benefits, better working conditions, closer to home and much opportunity! I could not have asked for more! One week into this new position and I am absolutely loving it! One of the mission statements of the company is to do the right thing for the right reason! God is giving me an opportunity to share the good news and shine His light and love into the lives of others! I was reading in my daily devotional about being "root bound". A plant can look healthy from the top, but will not produce new growth if its roots are in a tangled, compacted mess. A plant will grow, be healthy and produce new growth when the roots have room to spread.I am like that plant! I must keep my roots in Him, but continue to grow deeper. It isn't always comfortable. I need to step out in faith, to be confident through a deeper relationship with Him, to go beyond my comfort level and trust Him to do what is best for me. I am not in control, He is. He is the driver. This is my year of giving Him control and watching while He blows my mind with blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment