Saturday, December 7, 2013

Passing it On

Psalm 145:4 " One generation will praise Your works to another, and will declare Your mighty acts." Wow! That's a lot of responsibility! What am I passing on to my kids, to those I come in contact with on a daily basis? To those I meet or deal with during the course of my day, especially those younger than me? The Jewish people have passed on traditions such as Passover for generations. I don't think we have been as successful. I need to be intentional in sharing, showing God's faithfulness in my life. There was a song I used to sing as a young girl involved in Pioneer Girls that went like this; "It only takes a spark, to get a fire going. And soon all those around, can warm up to it's glowing. That's how it is with God's love. Once you've experienced it, you want to know, you want to show, you want to pass it on." I didn't even think of that song until I had already titled my post and was into writing this! God just brought it to mind. Lord, help me to pass it on, to be intentional in showing and telling others of the wonderful things You have done for me, of how You have met my every need.

No comments:

Post a Comment