Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

A day late, but I haven't had my computer! Yesterday day was Mother's Day and I don't know about you, but I often reflect and remember on Mother's Day. I think of my own mother and my mommom (who is with Jesus) and all they are and did for us, who they were/are and what made/makes them so special. My mom is awesome! A real inspiration, a strong woman of Christ, a loving mother and grandmother. I am so thankful to have had these two godly women in my life, so thankful for all they have taught me and instilled in me and so thankful to have their example. I also think back to how I raised my kids and did I do it right? Was there anything I would have done differently? I'm sure we all have something that we would change, but being human doesn't allow for perfection, and I'm okay with that. I love my kids, imperfections and all. God is in control and I have placed them in His hands and I just continue to pray for them and love on them. They are old enough to make their own decisions, to suffer the consequences of their decisions, to be independent. It doesn't mean that I totally step out of the picture, if they ask for advice or guidance, I'm there, if I think they're taking the wrong path, I'm there, but once I offer my guidance or state my piece, I need to step back and let them make their own decision. I'm there to rejoice with them and to cry with them, to pick up pieces, to be proud of their accomplishments. That's what being a mom is all about. Happy Mother's Day, moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment